Monday, March 5, 2007

TRJ3 - Q and A

Do you think Aslan made a sound judgement about Edmond when having a discussion with the witch? Explain your reasons to your answer. Also tell me your thoughts about Aslan.

No, I think he made a wrong decision of sacrificing his life to save Edmond from the witch. I understand that Aslan is powerless of “Emperor's Deep Magic.” Still, he is the “God of Narnia” so he should have known another way to solve this problem. Narnia is controlled over by him so if he dies, then the country will die at the same time.
For instance, when presidents don’t govern his/her countries well almost everything automatically decreases. Fortunately in the end, Aslan revives and that’s what made the story a happy ending. However, if he died and didn’t resuscitate I would think Aslan is not wise in spite of the fact that he is a king.
The fact that Aslan sacrifice himself for someone, who betrayed his side and might have ruined Narnia, was touching. In real life, many people don’t even consider other people because of their own profits. That’s why Aslan amazed me and reminded me of Jesus’s love agape; just loving and caring about someone without any reason or returns. Since Aslan is the “king” I thought he wouldn’t have any flaws but was sad to realize that he couldn’t resist the deep magic. I want to praise him for being courageous like a warrior and concerning others like Jesus. I was able to learn some important lessons while knowing about Aslan.

No comments: