Friday, March 9, 2007

TRJ5 - WRITER'S CRAFT

Characterization

Lucy is the last of the 4 children and is very pure and truthful hearted. She’s a justice person because she desperately wants to save the faun from the witch. I liked her a lot since she reminded me of those 5-year-olds who are very cute and pure.Edmond always bullies his little sister Lucy and betrays his side. By knowing this fact, you can see that he’s greedy and is mean to people who are younger than him. He was the one that I least. Later on I changed my mind a little bit because he fought the war with all his strength and that moved me.Aslan was a lion who is the king of Narnia. He comes to Narnia to save Narnia from what the witch had done to this country. He sacrifices his life to save Edmond but later on resuscitation. He’s very gentle but is ferocious to the evil. I was touched and was mournful when he was killed by the witch and her followers. However I’m glad that the author revived him and had a happy ending.The white witch, who she calls herself the queen of Narnia, is very cruel and covetousness. She made Narnia always winter and kills human beings because they might take the throne. I know there has to be the bad person to make the story interesting but this one was really terrible. What I hate the most about the witch, was that she turned people in to statues. I felt strange to read the description about the collection of statues she had in her castle. The witch reminded me of communism and dystopian society.

No comments: