Saturday, February 10, 2007

Log #4 - My favorite part of the book

My favorite part of The Outsiders was the last part where Ponyboy find a note from Johnny in the book, Gone with the Wind. It was really touching and it made me understand how Ponyboy felt. I especially liked the part where Johnny says :
“I’ve been thinking about it, and that poem, that guy that wrote it, he meant you’re gold when you’re a kid, like green. When you’re a kid everything’s new, dawn. It’s just when you get used to everything that it’s day. Like the way you dig sunsets, Pony. That’s gold. Keep that way, it’s a good way to be.
It's telling Ponyboy to live a good life and there are lots of good in the world.
I always thought Johnny was a loser which he always gets hit by “the Socs” however by reading this sentence it made me think again about Johnny and how he is warm and thoughtful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there~ I was reading your comment and I have to agree that it is a great quote! I remember reading this book back in middle school,b and felt so grown-up reading it. In life it is the little things that matter the most; they are what makes life on Earth so special and precious to us. I just randomly started to make a list of the little things in life that I appreciate; before I knew it, my list was huge! There are so many things in life that people wont admitt to liking because they are "too good for that," but in reality they are what makes us who we are. Many people are afraid to admitt to their pleasures for fear of rejection, but how can life be enjoyed if you hide behind a mask, not living for what you love the most? Awesome quote!